20000622: Unidata-Wisconsin datastream additions: CIMSS products (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: CIMSS products will be first to be PNG compressed/rest will follow in July
>Got it. Cool! Can't wait.

re: how to setup ADDE access to NIDS/NOWRAD data
>Um, OK. I need a reference doc on how to do this.

Unidata McIDAS-X Home Page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx
  McIDAS-X Installation
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/mcidas-x.html
    Configuring Unidata NIDS and NOWrad ADDE Servers
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/config_upcadde.html

>OK, so I have one box running McIDAS. I need some help here...I thought
>the idea of ADDE was to pluck data off of somebody else's machine, in case
>yours croaks...

You can pluck data off of any machine which:

o has an ADDE server running - including your own
o allows you access to the data

There is nothing in ADDE that says the data has to be somewhere else.  After
all, how do you think you access your own Unidata-Wisconsin imagery?

It might be time to attend a Unidata training workshop :-)

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Jun 23 14:52:19 2000
>Subject: Re: 20000622: Unidata-Wisconsin datastream additions: CIMSS products
>(cont.)

re: web references about setting up ADDE access to NIDS/NOWRAD

>Gotcha. I'll read it next week!

re: It might be time to attend a Unidata training workshop :-)