20000813: Printing from McIDAS

>From: address@hidden

Elen,

>So far my data analysis using McIDAS-X is going well.  The only thing I
>cannot do is to print on our new printer qms.

Can you send stuff to the printer from outside of McIDAS?

>When I use DEV=P lpr -Pqms, the mcidas command looks for DIFAX,
>our old printer.  I don't know to whom I should ask.

What are you trying to print?

>Maybe
>between the two of you,  the problem can be solved.  I need some of this
>images in the report I am preparing for the NASA grant.

Images.  I don't believe that McIDAS ever had the capability of printing
images to a printer.  What is the command you are tacking the DEV=P onto?
You may need to:

o generate the display
o save it as a GIF (tm)
o use another package that can print the GIF

  or

o convert the GIF to PostScript and send it to the printer

o use SVPS in 7.6 to save the frame as a PostScript file and send
  it to a PostScript printer

>Thanks,

Sorry that I don't know enough about your environment to really help on
this one.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Aug 14 12:46:34 2000
>Subject: Re: 20000813: Printing from McIDAS

Just talked to Dr. Cutrim on the phone.  Printer should be working
now--local problem, local fix.  (I hope.)

--
John D. Tucker                       Phone: (616) 387-5448
Systems Programmer                Internet: address@hidden