20000923: McIDAS-X scc produces segementation violation (cont.)

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

>That section in mccomp.sh is just as it should be.

That is suprising since I just added the section for csetkn.for the
other day, and I have not issued an addendum!

>I did the steps
>of rebuilding mdx.k as shown anyway.  SCC still gives a segementation
>violation.

Can you review the end of mcidas7.6/src/makelog and make sure that csetkn.for
got recompiled with '-g' instead of '-O'?  This will be a help.

>Feel free to snoop around on wxmcidas.

I don't have the login here at home.  Could you give me the password?

>BTW do you still have indications that Sun will continue support
>and develop Solaris Intel?

Their dropping support for Fortran actually fits into their statement
of support of x86 as a server platform (I don't like this, by the way).
Aside from the outward indications, Sun keeps to the same line that they
will continue to support x86.  I found it interesting that they have also
jumped on the Gnome bandwagon.  They are dumping CDE (I don't know the
timeframe on this one) in favor of Gnome, but, then again, so are a
number of other vendors.

Tom