20001114: higher res topo file (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I am looking at your TOPO file here and it looks fine..I looked back at
>the one I made here and it still looks goofy (a technical term).

Hey, we need to add 'goofy' to the McIDAS technical lexicon ;-)

I will look at your file as soon as I get into the office.  I don't
understand what might have gone wrong unless:

o the file USA30 was not FTPed in binary mode
o the FTP process somehow added a header to the file that now needs to
  be stripped off
o one of the command values that I sent is off (I clipped the ones
  I sent you from the MCGUI command window right after running them,
  so this is not likely)
o somehow your copy of MAKEAREA is not running correctly (unlikely
  since it is such a simple minded program)

I will drop you a line after I have a chance of looking at your image.

Tom