20001127: IMGREMAP: MAG= vs RES= (cont.)

>From: Jason Allard <address@hidden>

Jason,

>Your idea for the batch files to have the three redirects was what I
>wanted and it worked fine.

OK, good.

>By the looks of it, the discussions we had earlier about the IMGREMAP
>and IMGCOPY commands also is what I wanted.

Sounding good so far...

>However, when I tried to run the new images I created into the command
>we (over here at penn state) added into mcidas, I got an error
>message.  While I can't be certain, I think the error message is
>related to the images not being in the format the command wants, and
>not necessarily a bug in the command.  While I know that the command we
>added isn't necessarily supported by you, I'm hoping that that I'm
>having is within your support areas.

Well, I can't say anything about the command you added to McIDAS since
I have never seen it before, but maybe something will jump out at me.

>I'll give you a little background so that you know what I'm doing.  I
>started out with two images, one VIS and one IR.  There are:
>
>BWF/071691IR.13 (the IR image)
>BWF/071691VIS.1 (the VIS image)
>
>There are the names of the original images that I obtained from SSEC.

OK.

>The correct REDIRECT and DSSERVE commands are there... and the images
>appear with the IMGDISP command with no problem.
>
>I then subsetted the images, giving them the same resolution and
>colocating them with:  (I decided to not change the projection at this
>time)
>
>IMGCOPY BWF/071691IR.13 BWFSUB/071691IR.1 LAT=50 100 PLA=ULEFT SIZ=260 260 MAG
> =1 RES=8
>
>IMGCOPY BWFSUB/071691IR.1 BWFSUB/071691VIS.1 SIZ=ALL
>
>IMGREMAP BWF/071691VIS.1 BWFSUB/071691VIS.1
>
>These are the actual commands I typed... I now have these images for
>use in mcidas.  The new subsetted images are for the same time and day
>(they were in the original images), so I only specified the band with
>the IMGCHA command:
>
>IMGCHA BWFSUB/071691VIS.1 BAN=1
>
>Both images looked okay when I did the IMGDISP command.

OK, good.

>I then took my two new images BWFSUB/071691IR.1 and BWFSUB/071691VIS.1
>and tried the new commanad:
>
>NACOMP APPEND BWFSUB/071691VIS.1 BWFSUB/071691IR.1 BWFNAC/071691.1 VIS=150 175
>  IR=275 190 and so on
>(I know this means very little to you)

Right, I have no idea what NACOMP is attempting to do.

>The reason I wrote out the command is because of the error message I
>received.  It was:
>
>NACOMP: 2nd positional argument has invalid month --> BWFSUB/071691VIS.1
>NACOMP: For more help, keyin:  ARGHELP DATE

This is telling you that the second positional argument appears to need
to be a date of some kind, not an ADDE dataset reference.  What does
the online help for NACOMP say that the command line parameters are
supposed to be (if there is an online help for NACOMP)?  If there
is not online help, then we need to read the source code (presumably
nacomp.pgm) to see what is expected.

>I go this message for both the other two areas that were in the command.

I would assume that you would get the same kind of error since it
seems that NACOMP is expecting the second positional parameter (the
first positional parameter is APPEND) to be a date of some kind.

>I was wondering if this is an error message that is in mcidas?

The code that is doing the command line argment parsing is issuing
the error message.

>looked through the code of the new command, but I couldn't find such an
>error message.

The error message will be generated by a library routine, not by your
code.

>Have you run into something like this before that you
>could give me some advice on?

Yes.  What does the source code look like?

>Thanks for any help you can give,

Tom