20001127: imgremap vs aamap

Hi,

I have found some old remapped images that were created using AAMAP.  I
was wondering what the difference between AAMAP and the newer IMGREMAP
command was.  I am trying to add recently found images to this older
remapped database and can only use IMGREMAP now.  I want to have the
old and new remapped images be consistant and I am trying to create an
IMGREMAP command that will duplicate the AAMAP.

EX. (AAMAP   sarea darea frame proj clat clon res line ele BAND=)
AAMAP 2696 9696 1 MERC 17.3 78 8 400 880 BAND=4

I tried the following...

IMGREMAP MYDATA/IMAGES.2696 MYDATA/IMAGES.9696 BAND=4 LAT=17.3 78 PRO=MERC
RES=8 SIZ=400 880

However, these grids are not the same...(I checked by using PC C lat
lon and then used "D" to get info at that pixel.)

The original image has a sampling res of 4km in Y and 8km in X. I am
remapping the image to an 8kmx8km resolution.  Should I use a SPLine
factor?

Also why does the sampling res of the AAMAP image = 8x8km while the one
created using IMGREMAP = 1x1?(see below)

thanks,

dave

An IMGLIST of the image created using AAMAP gives:

Image file directory listing for:MYDATA/IMAGES
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
9696  G-8 IMG        5 SEP 99248  21:15:00    17   78
    Band: 4  10.7 um Surface temp; longwave window       8.0   8.0   400 x  880
     proj:    0 created: 2000332 200657  memo: RT GVAR
     type:VISR     cal type:BRIT
     offsets:  data= 2816 navigation=  256 calibration=    0 auxillary=    0
     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  0 avg-smp: N
     start yyddd: 1999248  start time:211515  start scan:  351
     lcor: 6444  ecor:  6480  bytes per pixel: 1  ss: 70
     Image Center Point Res (derived)  Lat:   7.63 (km)  Lon:   7.63 (km)

An IMGLIST of the image created using IMGREMAP gives:
Image file directory listing for:MYDATA/IMAGES
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
9696  G-8 IMG        5 SEP 99248  21:15:00    17   78
    Band: 4  10.7 um Surface temp; longwave window       1.0   1.0   400 x  880
     proj:    0 created: 2000332 220559  memo: RT GVAR
     type:VISR     cal type:BRIT
     offsets:  data= 2816 navigation=  256 calibration=    0 auxillary=    0
     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  0 avg-smp: N
     start yyddd: 1999248  start time:211515  start scan:  351
     lcor: 9557  ecor:  9561  bytes per pixel: 1  ss: 70
     Image Center Point Res (derived)  Lat:   7.63 (km)  Lon:   7.64 (km)

The IMGLIST of the original untransformed image gives:
Image file directory listing for:MYDATA/IMAGES
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
8696  G-8 IMG        5 SEP 99248  21:15:00    22   71
    Band: 4  10.7 um Surface temp; longwave window       8.0  16.0   500 x  872
     proj:    0 created: 1999248 214518  memo: RT GVAR
     type:VISR     cal type:BRIT
     offsets:  data= 2816 navigation=  256 calibration=    0 auxillary=    0
     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  0 avg-smp: N
     start yyddd: 1999248  start time:211515  start scan:  351
     lcor: 3677  ecor:  9041  bytes per pixel: 1  ss: 70
     Image Center Point Res (derived)  Lat:   9.08 (km)  Lon:   9.32 (km)

| Dave Vollaro                           address@hidden        |
| SUNYA Atmospheric Science              Phone: (518) 442-4273       |
| Earth Science Bldg Rm 226                                          |
| 1400 Washington Ave                                                |
| Albany, NY 12222                                                   |