20010107: SSEC 7.704 addendum DMNEXR failure (cont.)

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

>I may be wrong about the error number (I am writing that from memory)
>but I am sure that the error is NOT ENOENT, which is
>no such directory.

I dug up the message from the MUG about this and you are remembering
the error number correctly.  The code is telling us that the object
that is attempting to be opened is a directory, not a file.

>I was using the SSEC recommended nomenclature
>which is something like datadirectory/ID/date... where
>the decoder creates the ID directory.

OK, I looked at the default setup in NEXRID.CFG and nothing jumps out
at me as being really wrong.  I am curious if you tried any other
directory structure to see if you could get the filing to work.

>This also failed with
>the same error on Bryan Batson's machine (HP) at JSC, and SSEC
>got the same error on their Sparc after they tested it after
>I told them of this.

I understand.  The message from the MUG mentioned both JSC and you,
so I knew who was having the problems.  The MUG believes that it is
somehow a big endian/little endian problem.  I started to look at their
code yesterday afternoon, but I did not have enough time to really
look hard since I am trying to get ready for the AMS show.

I will be in touch with SSEC today about this and a couple of other issues
in the 7.704 Fastrack.  I imagine that a fix for the problem you are
seeing will be available by the end of the day (Russ Dengel is due to be
back today, and this has to be his top priority).

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Jan  8 09:23:18 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010107: SSEC 7.704 addendum DMNEXR failure (cont.)

No I didn't try a different directory structure.  I was concerned
that the fault was minde by not following directions, so I
did everything to the letter.

Thanks,
Robert