20010109: papagayo LDM filing of NOAAPORT NEXRAD Level III products (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Clint,

More on papagayo filing NEXRAD Level III products.

This morning I took a quick look at your ldmd.conf file and see that
you do intend to get all N0R products:

request NEXRAD  "/pN0R" stokes.metr.ou.edu

but you have not implemented any scouring for those data.

When I copied over a C shell script to scour the GINI data, I also
brought along Chiz's script to prune NEXRAD data:

~ldm/decoders/bin/prune_nexrad.csh

This script can be used to adjust the number of each kind of product
for all sites and use a different number to keep for one specific
site.  A crontab entry that would run in a similar way to one here at
the UPC would be:

#
# prune nexrad tree
#
15 * * * * decoders/bin/prune_nexrad.csh >/dev/null 2>&1

(will keep 12 of each kind of product for all stations except for the
one "local" station (which I arbitrarily set to OAX) for which it will
keep 60.)

Also, the way you are requesting certain stations:

request NEXRAD  "^SDUS5. (KOAX|KUEX|KLNX|KFSD|KTWX|KGLD|KCYS)"
stokes.metr.ou.edu

makes me wonder if this is what you really want.  Do you want to receive
all of the reports from the stations OAX, UEX, LNX, FSD, TWX, GLD, and CYS
or do you want all of the stations issued from the centers KOAX, KUEX, KLNX,
KFSD, KTWX, KGLD, and KCYS?

Later...

Tom