20010110: 20010110: McIDAS Storm of the Century Dataset

>From: Maria Peters <address@hidden>

Maria,

>Sorry about not including that...
>
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/index.html

Hmm...  This is the main intro page to the 7.7 distribution of McIDAS.
It does makes no reference to the Storm of the Century dataset at all.

Since you mentioned that you were using the online Learning Guide, I
decided to look for Storm in the html pages there.  I found one instance
where the location of the dataset was incorrectly listed (referred to
an old IP address).  I updated this listing to read correctly:

DATALOC

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
BLIZZARD                     ADDE.UCAR.EDU
MYDATA                       <LOCAL-DATA>

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.

Since the page you gave me above does not contain any reference to the
Storm of the Century, I am still confused by where you ran into a problem.

Each page in the Learning Guide should contain the URL for the page at
the bottom.  If you could go to the page that you found the problem on
and scroll to the bottom and clip out the page's URL, I would be most
appreciative.

Tom