20010111: McIDAS XCD 7.701 and LDM NEXRAD Products (cont.)

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

>When you modify the UNIDATA.MNU, please check the following code:
>
>cumulus:[51]% diff UNIDATA.MNU UNIDATA.MNU.new
>2274,2275c2274,2275
>< F  6 "EG #?MFRMS;SF #?MFRMS;IMGDISP CIMSS/OZONE
>< + " LATLON=35 100 MAG=2 EU=OAONE SF=YES REFRESH='MAP H GRA=(GRA);
>---
>> F  6 "EG #?MFRMS;SF #?MFRMS;IMGDISP CIMSS/OZONE ALL=#?MFRMS
>> + " LATLON=35 100 MAG=2 EU=OZONE SF=YES REFRESH='MAP H GRA=(GRA);
>
>"UNIDATA.MNU.new" is my modification.

You are correct, the entry for the CIMSS/OZONE display was incorrect.
I have corrected it in both UNIDATA.MNU (NOAAPORT NIDS) and UNIDATA.OLD
(WSI NIDS).

>I already add RTNEXRAD to my ADDE server:
>cumulus:[52]% dsserve.k LIST RTNEXRAD
>
>Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
>------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
>RTNEXRAD/N0R             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Base Reflectivity Tilt 1
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N0S             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 1
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N0V             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Radial Velocity Tilt 1
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N0Z             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           248 nm Base Reflectifity
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N1P             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           1-hour Surface Rainfall
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N1R             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Base Reflectivity Tilt 2
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N1S             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 2
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N1V             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Radial Velocity Tilt 2
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N2R             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Base Reflectivity Tilt 3
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N2S             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Storm-Rel Mean Vel Tilt 3
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/N3R             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Base Reflectivity Tilt 4
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/NCR             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Composite Reflectivity
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/NET             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Echo Tops
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/NTP             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Storm Total Rainfall
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>RTNEXRAD/NVL             IMAGE NEXR 1-9999           Vertical Liquid H2O
>                               Info=NNEXRAD.CFG
>dsserve.k: done

Looks good.  Please remember that this list contains more products than
are currently available on NOAAPORT.  The remaining products are supposed
to be added sometime in the early spring.

>I modify NNEXRAD.CFG to point to my nexrad directory.

I hope that you made a copy of NNEXRAD.CFG instead of modifying NNEXRAD.CFG
directly.  The reason for this is that NNEXRAD.CFG is sent out with each
distribution, so it will be overwritten each time you do an install or
update.

>It is pretty much the
>same as UNIDATA structure (/wrk/data/nexrad/ID/TYPE/TYPE_ccyymmdd_hhmm).

OK, good.  The speed up seen when storing data in this type of hierarchy
is huge.

>I can use "IMGDISP RTNEXRAD/NCR 1 ID=FTG EU=RADAR.ET MAP H" to display the
>image.

Excellent.

>It would be much better for end users to use the menu system or the GUI
>to display the images instead of commands.

I agree.  As soon as I can get a few things finalized, I will be devoting
my energies to a complete rewrite (ADDEization) of the MCGUI.  This should
result in making McIDAS easy to use (if I do my job well).

>I would test your new UNIDATA.MNU file.

OK.

>>From address@hidden Thu Jan 11 08:39:08 2001

>The new UNIDATA.MNU is just what I want.  It works perfect.

Super.

Just for interest sake, what NEXRAD stations/products are you receiving
on the IDD?

Tom