20010119: McIDAS-X build problems (cont.)

>From: "eddy" <address@hidden>

Eddy,

>Thanks for your response but everything is working fine now. I resolved the
>problem from the Q&A E-MAIL database..

Excellent!

>Mcidas is installed and running.. I just need to configure the remote ADDE
>server connection.. if you have any input on that you are welcome to submit
>it.

Siunce you are running on RedHat 7.0 Linux, you will need to pay attention
to the Notes and Warnings web reference I sent in my previous email:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/mcx/warnings_mcx.html

This has a section specifically aimed at Linux users of the latest
release (e.g., RedHat 7.0) since the standard McIDAS ADDE server installation
script, mcinet7.7.sh, does not (yet) support this OS.

Tom