20010120: McIDAS Training Materials on the web

>From: hobbie <address@hidden>

John,

>I am in Alice Springs, Australia, and was talking to the forecasters at
>the Bureau of Meteorology office here.  They recently got McIDAS
>installed, and didn't get much training or access to manuals.  I
>suggested to them to go to the Unidata web site.
>
>To my surprise,  following the Support link off the www.unidata.ucar.edu
>page, when I clicked on McIDAS related links,  I got:
>
>"The requested URL /packages/mcidas/mcidas_main.html was not found on
>this server."
>
>Is Tom redoing the pages, or are they in a new location?

Unfortunately, what you found was a couple of links that I had not
updated when I redid the McIDAS materials before the last workshop.
I updated the Support page so that they would point to the 7.70
materials that are there.

The way that I always go to the McIDAS materials is through the
Software link off of the homepage:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  Software
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Software.html
    McIDAS
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/index.html

From the last page you can go to the materials for the current release
of Unidata McIDAS (7.70) or the past distribution (7.60).  Choosing
the 7.70 link will get you to:

Unidata McIDAS-X 7.70 HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/index.html

>Thanks for your help in this.