20010123: ldmfail and xcd death

>From:  Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Clint,

>I think we've got it.  It hasn't broken since I got rid of ldmfail when
>we were in ABQ.

Excellent.  I was pretty sure that this had to be the culprit somehow
given that we are running on essentially the same machine and have
never seen an XCD failure.

>On another topic, who is it that you're working with on access to the
>Reanalysis II data at NCAR?  I would like to contact hima bout getting
>some of those data to make some comparisons btwn the original version and
>the newer version.

The contact is: Steve Worley <address@hidden>.  Please let Steve
know that you became interested in the Reanalysis II dataset from
your exposure at the Albuquerque AMS meeting.

>Hope your return trip to Boulder was good.

It was uneventful.  I did have quite the mound of email to slog through
when I got back, but I seem to be on top of that pile now.