20010328: Unidata FRONT and FRNTDISP commands (cont.)

>From: Pepo Juega <address@hidden>

Pepo,

>I do not find code for u0drwmap(), u0getftime() and u0putftime()

I just put the following files in the pub/mcidas/src directory of anonymous
FTP on ftp.unidata.ucar.edu:

u0drwmap.for
u0frtime.for

u0frtime.for contains the entry points u0getftime and u0putftime.

One comment is in order.  The Unidata distribution of McIDAS has a
couple of concepts that are not in SSEC McIDAS.  One of the concepts is
that of "frame time".  When a plot is made in a frame (a plot from
things like raobplot, raobcon, imgdisp, etc), the time of the plot is
saved in the frame directory (FrameN.M).  This time can then be used by
plot/contour routines in the Unidata distribution by specifying FRAME
as the time:

SFCPLOT T USA FRAME

The routines u0getftime and u0putftime are the ones used for writing
and reading the frame times, respectively.

>Got those. Txs.

You are welcome.  Please let me know if you run into other things while
trying to use front.pgm or frntdisp.pgm code.

Tom