20010423: UACROSS Error#2

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>i downloaded,compiled and ran UACROSS ok on the ALPHA.
>
>I have found another error. When using the MAP=YES keyword the raob
>locations are plotted in the wrong location.
>
>Try UACROSS KVBG KOUN MAP=YES PAR=MIX THA SPD IDLABEL=NAMES on your alpha.
>
>when i do this on the IBM i get the correct placement of the sites on the
>MAP.

This is caused by a combination of two things:

o the default PROJECTION= keyword in MAP.CORE I sent out is set to CONF
o UACROSS (and XSECT and XSECTG) implicitly assume that the map to be
  drawn will be in MERCator projection.  The subroutine that UACROSS calls,
  and the different subroutine that XSECT and XSECTG call to plot maps
  needed updating to always specify MERCator projections instead
  of assuming that the default projection would be MERCator

The bottom line is that the error you are seeing is a result of the
update of the MAP system.

I updated the subroutine that XSECT and XSECTG call (mapurx.for)
several weeks ago.  I just updated the map routine that UACROSS calls a
couple of minutes ago (drawmap.for) because of your note. I will
include both of thes in the addendum I will be putting out (hopefully
_very_ soon).

In the mean time, you have two options that you can pursue:

o edit ~mcidas/data/MAP.CORE and change PROJECTION=CONF to PROJECTION=MERC
o update the offending subroutines and rebuild UACROSS (and XSECT and XSECTG)

For option #2, please do the following:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.7/src
mv drawmap.for drawmap.for.770