20010509: 20010401: creating a mosaic in McIDAS (cont.)

>From: address@hidden (Chris Hennon)

Chris,

>There are no zero length files there.

Hmm...

>I suspect there is some problem
>with the way we restored everything after the rebuild.  We used a dump to
>tape and restored everything later.  I noticed that the ownership of all
>of the mcidas files in the distribution after the restoration were not
>owned by mcidas anymore, but by some user (1008) that I don't even
>recognize.

OK, the permissions on the files might have been different as well.

>I changed them back to owner 'mcidas'.  Do you think I should
>rebuild the distribution?

It couldn't hurt.

>If so, what is the process I should follow?

This is easy:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.7/src
make clobber
make all
make install.bin             <- just reinstalls the executables

>Sorry for being such a pain in the keister.

No problem.  I was sorry to hear that you were broken int.

Tom