20010516: NEXRAD data (cont.)

>From: "Wayne Bresky" <address@hidden>

Wayne,

>The snow.cit.cornell.edu machine is the primary ingestor (if I can call it
>that), and is located in a different room.  The machines I am administering
>are located in the Department's map room.  Does that answer your question?

Yes.  I now have a much better idea of what your setup is.  Since you
are feeding from snow, you may not have to choke down your request for
NEXRAD images IF snow is not getting all of them.

>The snow machine doesn't run McIDAS.

OK.

re: Jim left before NEXRAD stuff was setup
>I think he may have had other tasks to work on and may have been
>pressed for time.

OK, thanks for the update.

re: load in 7.705
>version 7.704 doesn't have this capability?  :-(

It does, but the 7.705 addendum has updated Fkey and MCGUI interfaces
along with a lot of bug fixes and additions (over 150 modules were
changed/updated in 7.705).  The 7.705 addendum may well be the last
update to 7.7 before the 7.8 release becomes available in early
August.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu May 17 12:44:43 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010516: NEXRAD data (cont.)

re: if snow is not getting all NEXRAD stations, don't have to worry
>OK, I understand.

re: load in 7.705
>I read about the changes in the message you posted.  They seem fairly
>extensive.  If I can get away with running the 7.704 version with the
>NEXRAD data, I will probably choose not to upgrade before 7.8 is
>released.  I'm inclined not to make any radical changes to the
>installation until I become more familiar with the setup Jim left.

>I'll be in touch if I need any further assistance.  I know a fair
>amount about McIDAS, coming from a position in which I did alot of
>programming with it, so I should be able to muddle through from here.

>Thanks again.  BTW, I have a cable connection (max speed 2.1 Mb/s).  :-)

Wayne