20010910: McIDAS; SFCMG and off-hours reports (cont.)

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

Christian,

>I noticed that in your bugfix, you only change the legend to be Kts instead of
>m/s. But in sfcmg.c code:
>  /* now that the wind barbs are plotted, plot the gust values */
>
>  for (i = 0 ; i < n_reports ; i++)
>  {
>    switch (units[0])
>    {
>      case 'A':
>        ok = McUnitCvtDbl (1, "MPS", &(data[i].wind_gust),
>                              "KTS", &spd[i], 0);
>        break;
>      case 'M':
>        spd[i] = data[i].wind_gust;
>        break;
>    }
>  }
>
>it seems that data is originally in MPS and needs to be converted to KTS, as
>it is the case for UNIT=A. The code should be:
>  /* now that the wind barbs are plotted, plot the gust values */
>
>  for (i = 0 ; i < n_reports ; i++)
>  {
>    ok = McUnitCvtDbl (1, "MPS", &(data[i].wind_gust),
>                          "KTS", &spd[i], 0);
>  }
>
>instead?

You are absolutely correct.  I just made the change in the addendum compressed
tar file, but you probably already have the fix implemented there.

re: annoying display label shift to right for Metric units
>I did hack in my version the display to be to the left for the main unit
>specified by the UNIT keyword.

OK.  I will still pose the question of label positioning to SSEC.

Tom