20011003: modis data (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>thanks..i'll contact ssec. I notice you have mcidas 7.8 available now. Do i
>need that first to access MODIS?

You will need the latest distribution (including addenda) to correctly
use modis data.  That reminds me that I need to put out a new
distribution file/addendum that includes the latest SSEC bug fixes.  I
will try to get this done today so you can grab 7.8x tomorrow.

The software download process has changed for Unidata packages.  We now
ask everyone to register as a Unidata user and then get our packages
through the web interface that we provide.  Sites that list themselves
as educational institutions will be granted immediate access.  Other
sites will not, but that doesn't mean that you are not still entitled
to our offerings.  At the very end of the registration/download process
you will be advised that you are not being allowed access to Unidata
McIDAS.  You will be told to contact Scott Kehoe of our office if you
feel that you should be granted access - you should.  At this point,
simply send Scott an email (through the mailto provided on the page)
and your site will be added to an exceptions list (exception to the
educational site rule) and you will then be able to proceed.

To start all of this, you will need to go to the Unidata McIDAS-X 7.80
HomePage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/780

and select the 'Download Software' link.  Please let me know if you run
into any problems.

>Will you be at the satmet conference in 2 weeks?

Yes.  I fly into Madison on Sunday, October 14 and leave on Sunday,
October 21.

Tom

>From address@hidden Wed Oct  3 14:28:01 2001
>Subject: RE: 20011003: modis data (cont.)