20011025: McIDAS-XRD code in Unidata McIDAS (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

re: which XRD routines are you interested in
>i am interested in gvarinfo which i did not see in your build.

As a quickie test, I downloaded the current XRD version of gvarinfo.f
and put it in my distribution.  I built it under Solaris SPARC with
no hitches, and ran it with no problems.  In order to test it in
OSF/1, I would need to rebuild from source.  Since I am right in the
middle of making some mods to other routines, I will have to delay
this test.

You can easily add gvarinfo to your distribution.  Here is what I did:

o copy XRD gvarinfo.f to ~mcidas/mcidas7.8/src/gvarinfo.pgm
o edit makefile and add gvarinfo.pgm to the list of programs built
  in the '# Unidata McIDAS apps' section:

                        grdimage.pgm \
                        gvarinfo.pgm \               <- add this line
                        imggrd.pgm \

grdimage.k              : grdimage.o $(LIBDEPS)
                        @$(L) -o $@ $(main_o) grdimage.o $(LIBARGS)

gvarinfo.k              : gvarinfo.o $(LIBDEPS)
                        @$(L) -o $@ $(main_o) gvarinfo.o $(LIBARGS)

imggrd.k                : imggrd.o $(LIBDEPS)
                        @$(L) -o $@ $(main_o) imggrd.o $(LIBARGS)

After modifying your makefile, build and install gvarinfo.k and
gvarinfo.hlp:

<should be in the ~mcidas/mcidas7.8/src directory by now>

make gvarinfo.k gvarinfo.hlp
ln gvarinfo.k ~mcidas/bin
ln gvarinfo.hlp ~mcidas/help

You can then give GVARINFO a whirl under OSF/1, AND let ME know if it
runs correctly :-).

If, for some reason, you can't grab gvarinfo.f from the SSEC XRD
repository (I think you already have XRD), then you can get it from the
unix/780/testcode directory of the passworded Unidata McIDAS FTP
account.  You should already have the access information needed.

Tom