20020610: McIDAS-X 2002 upgrade

>From: William C Klein <address@hidden>

Hi Bill,

>Will there be a new version of McIDAS coming out this summer?

Yes.  Unidata McIDAS-X Version 2002 (SSEC decided to change the version
naming to match the year of the release) will hopefully be ready for
download by the time of the Unidata Summer McIDAS Workshop, which
will be held in the beginning of August.  I want to get the new version
packaged up and made available earlier, but I may be delayed by the
amount of work that has to be done (code mods/enhancements and new
web pages).

I will announce the availability of the new release to the mcidas-x
email list (address@hidden).  Since I see that nobody at Valparaiso
is registered for this list, I recommend that you signup at: