[mdf] [Fwd: Question about using "DIRfile" in DSSERVE]

Hello,

I have some questions about using DIRfile keyword in DSSERVE setting.

I  have LOTS of AREA data files are named something like
?YYYYStormName.SSSS.ddhhmm.totalHour", which are located in
?YYYY/StormName? directories.

Where:
         YYYY = current year
            SSSS    = data source (AMSU, TRMM)
            Ddhhmm = date, hour, minute

 I add the DSSERVE as following:

DSSERVE ADD LOC/TR2002 AREA DIRFILE=?2002/*/*?

So the questions are:

(1).
(Please note that there are lots of AREA file in the data GROUP
?LOC/TR2002".)   If I want to IMGDISP one of the above files, said
?2002OLGA.AMSU.261208.24" (resided on ?2002/OLGA? directory), how can I
know the position number of this file in that data GROUP, so that I can
do ?IMGDISP LOC/TR2002.pos# ? for that data file.   Is there any McIDAS
function can list both of the position number in the group and the data
file name?  Or can I do the IMGDISP (or IMGCHA...) Using the actual file
name other than the position number if I use keyword "DIRfile" to set
the data set?

(2).  The actual name of the above AREA file might be as long as 50
characters, is it accepted by McIDAS?

By the way, I use McIdas 7.8.

Thanks a lot.

Jianbin