20020709: ADDE compression port

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Don,

I am saving the entire conversation about ADDE compression in
~support/Mail/mcidas/6324.  Please add new/additional information to
this file or make sure to CC support-mcidas.

Sounds like you may have piqued John B's interest.  Perhaps he can be
cajoled into doing the coding!  There is nobody better to do
maintenance work on code other than the originator.

As far as Brian's comment about bzip2, I can say that I investigated
bzip2 as part of my conversion of the UNIWISC IDD feed (new name for
MCIDAS feed).  bzip2 came in a close second to PNG, a very close second
but still second.  Since there is a standalone bzip2 executable, it
would be easy to add to the list of supported compression types without
major changes to mcserv.cp.

* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *