20020726: Participating in Unidata; access to Unidata McIDAS-X (cont.)

>From: Hai-Tien Lee <address@hidden>

Hai-Tien,

>Thank you for your prompt reply and information. I will contact NESDIS
>people to figure out if it is the IP filter that blocked my access.

Sounds good.  I can say for sure that it _is_ the IP filter that they
have in place.  I am sure of this given the error message you sent:
"Accounting data was not valid".

>I checked the web page you provided. The GOES Imager data are useful for me.

OK.

>I am curious about how the global IR and WV images were made.

Unidata contracts with University of Wisconsin-SSEC to have these sectors
made from their GOES ingest systems.  We provide the images to Unidata
IDD participants free of charge.

>I'd like to
>access other geosync satellite IR data too, if possible.

Wouldn't we all! :-)

>By the way, could you tell me where to find the listing of public McIDAS
>servers?

Sure:

Unidata McIDAS HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas
  Unidata McIDAS 7.80
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/780
    Documentation and Training
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/780/document.html
        Publically Accessible McIDAS ADDE Servers
        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/adde_servers.html

By the way, papagayo is out of action right at them moment since there
is major work being done on its network.

>Thanks.

Later...

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Jul 29 10:16:04 2002