20020807: FRNTDISP problem plotting on PS remapped GOES images

>From: "Batson, Bryan" <address@hidden>

Bryan,

>We've noticed lately that FRNTDISP has an interesting habit of drawing a
>trof line (dashed yellow) roughly north-south along 75 degrees west on GOES
>images remapped to polar stereographic projections. This does not appear on
>"native" GOES projections.
>
>Could this be a bug?

I noticed this for the first time during the McIDAS workshop that I was
conducting last week.  I just plotting current fronts on top of the
Super National East/West GOES composite available in NOAAPORT (in GINI
format) and did not see the problem (this time).  It appears, therefore,
that the problem is sporadic.  I added it to the list of bugs that needs
attending to.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem...

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Aug 13 14:30:45 2002

No problemo.

Thanks,