20020909: mcidas! for Arlene Laing's lab

>From:  "Happel, Shelly" <address@hidden>

Hi Shelly,

>Hmm, I'm sorry to bug you - but I am having some problems that I can't
>resolve. We recently upgraded our server to Redhat 7.3. Since this upgrade I
>am having trouble with mcidas.

I will take it that you made _no_ changes to the McIDAS installation
that coincided with the OS upgrade.

>We are able to start multiple sessions (we're
>still using mcidas 7.8), but only one machine out of 11 will correctly
>receive the datafeed. The others poop out on an imgdisp fail in Mcgui.

Can you send along the output of the IMGDISP command so I can take a
look?  You can get to the output by clicking mouse button 1 on the
MCGUI icon that has a keyboard on it.  The output from all commands
run from the MCGUI will be found in the window that pops up.

>I know this isn't a lot of information to go on - but I'm wondering if
>you've encountered this problem yet.

I have seen no systematic problems under RedHat 7.3.  As to whether I
have seen your problem, I can't say since I don't have a good feel for
what your problem may be.

>I haven't been able to find much
>on-line in terms of help in the email archives. Would it be possible to
>discuss this over the phone?

Yes.  I have a meeting this morning at 10 am our time and a staff meeting
at 1:30 pm our time.  The first meeting is likely to take about an hour;
the second meeting may take up to 2 hours.  Perhaps it would be better
for me to call you?  If you will be around (not in and out), send me
your phone number and I will try to call between my meetings today.