20020910: donated maps (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I used makemap, which we had gotten from Dave Santek (the source code).
>I do not think it was in XRD 2 years ago when we got it from him.

So, if you are using the makemap that was available 2 years ago, you
are not using the one that can be used to convert GEMPAK ASCII map
files to McIDAS map file format.  I took what Dave had done and updated
it to be more modular and support more input ASCII map formats.  I
also modified it to pack the output map database files so they would
be as small as possible.

>I will build the XRD package on our Unidata McIDAS-2002 distribution.
>I remember now from the training sessions that it is included.

OK, sounds good.

>I have a GEMPAK station table that has the names and approx. center
>lat/lons of the lease areas.  I will send that along as well.  I will
>have to annotate it better.

OK.

>Glad it sounds like it could be useful.

Yup, it is useful.  Please send along any other useful databases that
you have created.  Thanks again.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Sep 10 14:20:31 2002
>Subject: RE: 20020910: 20020904: donated maps