20021101: data ingestion/decoding/filing/scouring at STC (cont.)

>From: "Anderson, Alan C. " <address@hidden>

Alan,

I have been trying to get to waldo since October 22 with no success.
I can not ping waldo, ssh to waldo, or telnet to waldo.  Also, since
I see that your LDM is feeding from papagayo.unl.edu, I tried and
ldmping from papagayo.unl.edu.  This also failed.

It is entirely possible that waldo is now behind a campus firewall
that does not allow outside access.  This would account for the
failure of all of the methods I have tried to contact waldo with.

Can you shed any light on my inability to get to waldo?

Thanks in advance...

Tom