20021106: GRDDISP request from the MUG meeting (cont.)

>From: Jay Heinzelman <address@hidden>

Hi Jay,

>Thanks for the information.  I'll add your email and close the inquiry.

OK, thanks.

>I wasn't using any of Matt's grids.  I displayed Matt's satellite
>composites over Antarctica, then just displayed global AVN grids from
>Noaaport over them.

I never had a problem with the AVN, UK Met, ECMWF global grid display
over Antarctica.  The problem I had was displaying the AMPS 10 km
grids -- that are in Polar Stereographic projection -- over McMurdo.
I could display the grids IF I didn't try to overlay them on top
of an existing display (MAP or image) that was also in Polar Stereographic
projection looking down on the South Pole.

>I will contact Matt to get some of the 10km and
>30km grids to add to our testing scripts.  Those should be excellent to
>test with.

I agree that these grids would be excellent for testing projection related
stuff.

>Thanks for your help.

Sorry to have taken so long to respond.

Tom