20021118: Corrupt ROUTE.SYS and ROUTE PostProcess BATCH files (cont.)

>From: Angel Li <address@hidden>

Angel,

>There is a redirection of AREA009* but no filenames starting with
>AREA009 appear in the directory specified or anywhere in the MCIDAS or
>LDM directory trees.
>Now I'm very puzzled.

GOESCOMP _creates_ a composite from a GOES-East and GOES-West image.
It uses a two character product code like CV when reading the routing
table to figure out the names of its output files.  The routing table
is organized by product code.  The routing table entry for product code
CV looks like:

  CV GOES-E/W VIS Composite      90-99   AREA0095     02322 2035     none     3

This tells GOESCOMP to store the composite it is to make in AREA files
AREA0090 - AREA0099, inclusive.  On a new system, or on a system on
which GOESCOMP has not yet run successfully, there will probably not be
any AREA files named AREA0090 - AREA0099.  As GOESCOMP is run upon
receipt of GOES-East and GOES-West imagery in the Unidata-Wisconsin
datastream of the IDD, those files will get created.

File REDIRECTions are hard to understand at the beginning.  You don't
have to have a file to have a valid REDIRECTion.  When a REDIRECTion
exists, however, it tells McIDAS where to read/write/create/delete a
file whose name matches the regular expression portion of the
REDIRECTion in the specified directory in the REDIRECTion.

For instance,  if a REDIRECTion existed that looked like:

AREA009*  /data/ldm/mcidas

then when a McIDAS process went to create (or read/write/delete) a file
whose name matched the regular expression AREA009*, it would do so in
the /data/ldm/mcidas directory.

If things are setup but still continue to not work, I am more than willing
to login to your machine and look around.  I would need the logins as
both 'mcidas' and 'ldm' to get things working.

Tom