20030321: dmsyn.k decoder mods

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

>What is the status of DMSYN decoder?

I have put an update file in the unix/2002/bugfix directory of passworded
FTP for Unidata McIDAS.  The file, mcupdate.tar.Z, contains the v2002b
addendum code which includes the mods for dmsyn.k.  I have not, however,
updated the McIDAS-X distribution file.

To update your McIDAS-X v2002a distribution, do the following:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas2002/update
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> umcidas
  <pass> XXXXXX
  cd unix/2002/bugfix
  binary
  get mcupdate.tar.Z
  get mcunpack
  quit

./mcunpack

cd ../src
make all
make install.all

It is best for the McIDAS-XCD routines to not be active when you do
the install, so I recommend stopping your LDM during the 'make install.all'
step.

Tom