20030324: DMNEXR and DMBIN decoder in McIDAS 2002b

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

>Where can I find the reference for the above 2 decoders?

Unfortunately there is not much documentation for these two data monitors
for two reasons:

o DMNEXR performs filing/scouing actions for NEXRAD Level III data that
  Unidata users typically handle with LDM pqact.conf pattern-actions
  and cron-initiated scouring.   You can get an idea of how to setup
  DMNEXR actions from the configuration files NEXRFILE.CFG and NEXRID.CFG.

o DMBIN is still experimental.  It was added to McIDAS by SSEC, and is
  used by some sites that want to save to disk binary files that are
  contained in the NOAAPORT broadcast.  Again, Unidata users would
  typically do the same thing with LDM pqact.conf FILE entries.

I'm sorry that this is not much information, but I think that these XCD
module capabilities are better handled with LDM actions.

Tom