20030324: FW: AWIPS BUFR->NetCDF?

>From: "Batson, Bryan" <address@hidden>

Hi Bryan,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this, but I was involved in
the NSF panel review of our 5 year funding proposal.  This is now finished,
so I can get back to all of my other pending work.

>FYI...I don't know if Unidata was ever planning a BUFR->netCDF decoder for
>McIDAS, but it looks like the AWIPS D2D may have one at some point.
>
>Thoughts?

I had not planned to create a BUFR to netCDF converter, but, then again,
I had not planned to _not_ create one either.  I agree with you that
this development will be important.  The thing I have to find is the
time to do the work.

Tom

Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support