20030329: rectilinear Global composites (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Robert,

re:
>BTW..on another subject, I would like to start making those rectilinear
>Global composites here at NSBF (the bug I sent you from Universal).  At
>Universal I did a temporary workaround by going back to McIDAS 7.806..and
>that works okay.

I finally got some time to verify your problem with v2002 IMGREMAP and
search the SSEC inquiry tracking system to see if others are also
experiencing the same thing: they are.  I quickly tried to see if I
could figure out what was going on, but I noticed that the version of
the IMGREMAP source in the CVS is 4 revisions newer than the code in
v2002.  I then tried grabbing the latest source from SSEC, but I found
that it continues to have the same problem with doing composites when
the MERGE=YES option is specified.  The "solution" I found was the same
as what you found: drop back to using the 7.8x version of the IMGREMAP
executable, imgremap.k

>At NSBF I don't have an extra machine to do that..  I know you are swamped and
>likely will be a while before you could look at it, but have you been able to
>duplicate the problem, so I know it's not something I am doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong that I can tell.  Do you still have
the 7.8 binary for IMGREMAP on the NSBF machine that you can use?  I
found that I could either take the 7.8x source and build it in v2002 or
copy the v7.8x IMGREMAP binary to the ~mcidas/bin directory and things
would work.  If you no longer have those binaries, I can provide copies
to you, but I need to know the OS you need it/them for.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this...

Tom