20030414: rectilinear Global composites (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

re: IMGREMAP problems in v2002
>No problem at all, Tom.  If happen to have the imgremap.k binary for Solaris
>SPARC with Sun compilers that would be great.  I would only be doing MERGE=YES
>on that box.

I put the v7.806 version of imgremap.k for Sun Solaris SPARC 5.9 (or it may
be for 5.8, I don't recall) in the pub/mcidas/bin/solaris directory
of anonymous FTP on our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu for you to grab.
I also put the source for that version in the same directory just in
case you want it.

>Good news!  They are singing the POs for us to get one new machine in New
>Mexico and one in Palestine!  (They will be dual 2.4GHz Dells..Solaris x86)...
>also it looks like (after it was killed) that we are going to get an
>additional T1 in Palestine, which should mean I will be able to offer up
>some McIDAS satellite imagery.

Way cool!  I know you have been lobbing for those changes for a looong time,
so congradulations!

>Thanks for verifying this for me.

No worries.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Apr 14 20:54:46 2003

re: SPARC and source executable for v7.806 IMGREMAP

Thanks, I'll get them now.

re: new machines and faster network for NSBF

I can't wait to start taking advantage of the better bandwidth and
faster machines..  so I can do some cool stuff at NSBF like I've done
at Universal.  As