20030611: McIDAS RAOBCON problem on FreeBSD (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Mark,

OK, I have implemented a code fix for the temporary file creation problem on
FreeBSD.  Here is what you should do to fix the problem at its source:

<login as 'mcidas'>

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2002/src

<edit mctmpfil.c>

change:

  strcpy(first,"");

to:

  strcpy(first,P_tmpdir);                   /* <<<<< UPC mod 20030611 >>>>> */

I also took a look at the flags being set in mccomp.sh for the build on
FreeBSD and trimmed them down.  I would recommend that you make the change
also:

<still as 'mcidas'>

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2002/src

<edit mccomp.sh>

change:

        # Add -D_GNU_SOURCE - System V/BSD source flag for GNU C libcurses.a.
        ccopts="-O -ansi -D_GNU_SOURCE -DBSDI -DFREEBSD -DREGEXEC_STRSTR
-I/usr/X11R6/include"

to:

        ccopts="-O -DFREEBSD -DREGEXEC_STRSTR -I/usr/X11R6/include"

After making both of the above changes, I would rebuild the entire
McIDAS build:

make clobber
make all
make install.all

If your machine is anything like the FreeBSD boxes we have here, the
rebuild of the package will only take a few minutes.

Tom