20030718: net gribdec.tar.Z bundle

>From: Wahner Paul Contr CSR4500 <address@hidden>

Hi Paul,

>Has any of the work you did with the gribdec bundle been incorporated in
>later versions of core Mcidas, i.e. 2002?

Some of the work was incorporated into one of the addenda of v2002.
The complete set to date, including my and JSC mods, is in v2003.

>If not are you aware of any
>changes to the code in the bundle since version 7.8? I'm running 2002
>currently and I need to start working toward decoding the grib files. Just
>want to make sure I'm up to date before I start.

To be sure, you should upgrade to v2003.  The other thing you could do
is grab the gribdec.tar.Z bundle and extract the source and gbtbpds*
files and incorporate them into your McIDAS-XCD distribution.

>Thanks!

Later...

>Paul Wahner
>MIDDS Systems Engineer/ Meteorologist
>CSR 4500, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
>address@hidden
>(Com) 321.853.8184 (Fax) 321.853.8291
>(DSN) 467.8184

Tom