20030926: Confused about profiler entry...

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: pqact.conf actions for FSL2
>Thanks!

No worries.

>I gotcha.  Now I understand. Profiler data is now being saved on
>disk again.

Sounds good!

>Now, on to something else. I just got approved to order the computers
>today for my grant. Well, the paperwork officially arrives next week
>sometime. But now I'm in a quandry. I just heard Intel is coming out with
>the next generation of Pentium (Pentium 5?) by the end of this year.
>Question...can I or should I wait, and grab the good stuff? Or grab it
>now?

Officially, I would never wait until the next great thing comes out
because when it does, it will be overpriced and not yet ready for
prime time.  This has not changed how I buy home equipment, however.
I continuously put off the purchase of things since I hate to be
obsolete when the box comes in through the door :-)

>From address@hidden Fri Sep 26 15:27:21 2003

>Oh, one more thing. If I wait on purchasing the equipment, I need to
>upgrade my McIDAS ASAP! I can do that next week. I might need help, I need
>to read the directions again.

I can help you out...

Tom