20031103: McIDAS build at Western Michigan (cont.)

>From: Karthik Samudram Jayaraman <address@hidden>

Karthik,

>Version of the OS we are using :
>
>s400.wood.wmich.edu:~> uname -a
>SunOS s400.wood.wmich.edu 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc

This looks OK.

>The Uname that we are using :
>
>s400.wood.wmich.edu:~> which uname
>/usr/local/bin/uname

This looks to be your problem.

>I also tried this command and it works ( Based on the uname that you
>had mentioned).
>
>s400.wood.wmich.edu:~> /usr/bin/uname -i
>SUNW,Sun-Blade-100
>
>So "/usr/bin/uname -i"  does work. May be i have not initialized
>some of the paths!!!

Right.  First off, someone installed a different uname in /usr/local/bin.
To do so is questionable.  I now wonder what other standard applications
are being used in stead of the ones from Sun.

>Maybe the following info is of any help to you.
>
>s400.wood.wmich.edu:~> echo $MCHOME
>/cutrim1/mcidas
>
>s400.wood.wmich.edu:~> echo $McINST_ROOT
>/cutrim1/mcidas

The thing that should be of help to you is the improper functioning of
the copy of uname that someone installed in /usr/local/bin.  I strongly
suggest that you change your PATH definition for the user 'mcidas' so that
/usr/bin comes before /usr/local/bin and then clobber and redo your
McIDAS build:

<as 'mcidas'>

- change PATH in .cshrc if using the C shell or .profile for Bourne shell, etc.
- clobber the current build attempt:

cd ~mcidas/mcidsa2003/src
make clobber

- start the build from scratch