20040226: graphics gone missing in McIDAS session (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>i performed the DMAP Frame command. All the frames located in
>.mctmp/processID/ are owned by me. (ie., FrameX.X).

Did you also look for files that end in the suffix .001 like Becky
suggested?  This is important also.

>Incidently, this problem arose recently after we tried to hook up 4 monitors
>to this box and display different mcidas sessions on each monitor.

Were all sessions running out of the same user account?

>i am not sure how to invoke this 'ipcrm ' command.

You list out Inter Process Communication (IPC) blocks using 'ipcs'
run with no arguments.  For a system that is running McIDAS, you
will see memory segments listed.  For the ones that are orphaned,
you use the 'ipcrm' command.  Its exact syntax is OS dependend,
so you will want to review the man page for 'ipcrm'.  I would
make sure that there are _no_ McIDAS sessions running when you
go looking for orphaned segments.  Also, the most foolproof way
of cleaning up these segments is a rebooti, but this will not
remove the .mctmp/ipchandlID directories.  Have you tried a
reboot?

>From address@hidden  Thu Feb 26 07:14:29 2004

Tom,

all the files in the .mctmp were owned by me. I will double check the .001
files.
all the sessions are running out of the same account. There are 3 each with
their own SKED.
i will look into ipcrm

i have rebooted.
Randy