20040324: gribdec.tar.Z availability (cont.)

>From: "HOETH, BRIAN R. (JSC-ZS) (LM)" <address@hidden>

Brian,

>No problem, hopefully the same code in your gribdec.tar.Z package will make
>it into the SSEC XCD build (see note below) and we can just get the code
>from SSEC.

I always roll my changes into the SSEC CVS for McIDAS.

>Yes, I sent an inquiry to SSEC to see if there were plans on XCD supporting
>GRIB2.  Haven't heard back from them yet though.  My hope is that the code
>is the same.  Last time I checked, there were some slight differences
>between the code that was available in gribdec.tar.Z and that which is
>available with SSEC's XCD?

SSEC made some small changes to XCD routines in v2003, and I simply
_forgot_ that I needed to update gribdec.tar.Z with them.  Thanks
for reminding me.

>I haven't looked at it in awhile, but I can
>confirm this is true if you would like?

It would help me out if you had a list of routines that were different.

>I know you're a busy man, so feel free to break out in laughter as you read
>this question but, is there any guess on a timeframe of when GRIB2 to McIDAS
>GRID will be ready?

He says as he wipes his eyes that have teared up from laughter: no, I
don't yet have a timeframe :-)