20040330: remapping composite NEXRAD images (cont.) shell scripts

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Hi Owen,

>Yes, SSIZE was the parameter that was needed to allow me to remap the
>NEXRAD data, so no problems now.

Super.  I'm glad that you are off and running.

>I have one hypothetical question for you:
>This summer I need to make a lot of MCIDAS products for our field study
>in New Hampshire.
>These products will be make from mcidas shell scripts (based on the
>example you made available during the users workshop a couple of years ago)
>that will be fired off by my unix cron file.
>Is it possible for several of these mcidas shell scritps to run at once
>on the same machine without interfering with each other?

If everything is setup correctly, then this running multiple,
simultaneous scripts should not be a problem.  If, on the other hand,
things were not setup correctly, then files that should be created on a
per-session basis (in a subdirectory of ~/.mctmp) would get created in
one or more directories (e.g., ~/workdata, ~/mcidas/data,
~/mcidas/help) and then the scripts would be using the same file(s)
(though their MCPATH settings) and step on each other.  I tried to
setup mcrun.sh and mcbatch.sh to include all needed environment
variable settings.  I can tell you, however, that my first releases of
these scripts were not complete, so if you are using old copies as a
basis for your scripts, you need to update them with the info in the
later/latest versions.