20040504: Banging my head on a McIDAS problem (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: setting up pointing to an ADDE server
>That did it. Thanks! Now, four questions:
>
>I guess I need to update my list of GUI servers, perhaps? Where do I find
>a current list, and

Unidata HomePage
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu
  Unidata McIDAS
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/index.html
    Documentation and Training
    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/2003/document.html
      Publically Accessible McIDAS ADDE servers
      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html

>When I typed in UNIDATA2.SSEC.WISC.EDU, it appears as though I can only
>have two at one time when adding new ones manually (local-data and the
>machine I type in). Any way to change this?

No.  The GOESEAST dataset is only available on one server.

>Also, I have access to a NASA image server with other datasets with
>G8-GHCC/(dataset). Now, how can I add that to my McGUI?

You would need to:

- copy ADDEIMAGE.CORE to ~mcidas/workdata (if you are doing this as 'mcidas',
  otherwise copy it to your ~/mcidas/data directory)
- edit the copy of ADDEIMAGE.CORE and set display defaults for the various
  dataset descriptors from the group G8-GHCC.  This may be hard for
  datasets containing polar orbiter data.  It should be easy for G8-GHCC
- EXIT your McIDAS/MCGUI session and start a new one

>Thanks again!

No worries.