20040504: Banging my head on a McIDAS problem (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: open ADDE server page info needed updating; thanks
>You are welcome!

re: modifying ADDEIMAGE.CORE
>Well, after about 15 minutes, I got it to work. The machine is
>geo.msfc.nasa.gov. You might get access to it because you are an .edu, I
>don't know. Anyway, this is what I did.
>
>G8-GHCC
>REM Descriptor   GUI Label                          Frame  Load   Location
> Mag     Map(s)              Mcol  Wid   Mbrk Enh     Strtch  BarLab BarSU dis
> crete
>    VIS  "NASA GOES-East Visible"                ?VFRMS LINELE " 700  864" "-2
>  -2" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "4"  IMAGE   NONE    X      "X       X"
>    IR5  "NASA GOES-East Water Vapor"            ?HFRMS LINELE " 350  432" " 1
>   1" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "6"  H2O     NONE    X      "H2OTEMP X"
>    IR2  "NASA GOES-East Infrared"               ?IFRMS LINELE " 700  864" "-2
>  -2" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "4"  IMAGE   NONE    X      "IRTEMP  X"

Looks OK, but since the imagery is oversampled in the element dimension,
I recommend changing the load factors.  I would also recommend setting
the default load point at some favorite location.   This can be done
using the satellite Line,Element or Lat,Lon.  Try the following as
an example:

G8-GHCC
REM Descriptor   GUI Label                          Frame  Load   Location Mag
   Map(s)              Mcol  Wid   Mbrk Enh     Strtch  BarLab BarSU discrete
    VIS  "NASA GOES-East Visible"                ?VFRMS LATLON "  41   88" "-2
-4" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "1"  IMAGE   NONE    X      "X       X"
    IR2  "NASA GOES-East 3.9 um"                 ?IFRMS LATLON "  41   88" "-1
-2" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "1"  IMAGE   NONE    X      "IRTEMP  X"
    IR3  "NASA GOES-East 6.8 um H2O"             ?HFRMS LATLON "  41   88" "-1
-2" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "1"  H2O     NONE    X      "H2OTEMP X"
    IR4  "NASA GOES-East 10.7 um"                ?IFRMS LATLON "  41   88" "-1
-2" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "1"  IMAGE   NONE    X      "IRTEMP  X"
    IR5  "NASA GOES-East 12.0 um"                ?IFRMS LATLON "  41   88" "-1
-2" "OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY" "1 5" "1"   "1"  IMAGE   NONE    X      "IRTEMP  X"

This reflects several changes from your settings:

- all images in the G8-GHCC group are available

- the load center is the Lat,Lon of Chicago

- the load magnification is set so that each image's display extent matches
  the others

- the enhancement used is better suited to the images

>Now, how can I find out what else is on the server?

DSINFO IMAGE G8-GHCC

>I tried to do an IMGLIST G8-GHCC and I got an invalid dataset error.

You need to specify the full dataset group/descriptor:

IMGLIST G8-GHCC/VIS
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR2
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR3
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR4
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR5

Better yet:

IMGLIST G8-GHCC/VIS FORM=ALL
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR2 FORM=ALL
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR3 FORM=ALL
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR4 FORM=ALL
IMGLIST G8-GHCC/IR5 FORM=ALL

One last thing, after you have a group entry in ADDEIMAGE.CORE, you can add
descriptors to the list and not have to stop and restart McIDAS.  What
you do after making a change to ADDEIMAGE.CORE is:

- click on the Configure dropdown in MCGUI

- select 'Load Image Display Defaults'; this will popup a GUI

- click on ADDEIMAGE.CORE in /home/mcidas/workdata

- click on Load

The image display GUI will now have all descriptors that you have defined
in ADDEIMAGE.CORE AND the new load points, etc.

>From address@hidden  Tue May  4 15:50:58 2004

>Never mind. Brain fart.

>DSINFO ALL
>DSINFO ALL G8-GHCC

Yup, or 'DSINFO I G8-GHCC' since the G8-GHCC group has only imagery.