20040506: s400 overload (cont.)

>From: Elen Cutrim <address@hidden>

Hi Elen,

>Thanks, Tom!
>
>I had to restart s400 because it locked again.

The machine is locking?  This should not be caused by the LDM or McIDAS.

>I got all the way to
>
># 00 21 * * * /cutrim1/ldm/util/mcscour.sh
>
>Then the computer locked again.  By the way, how do I leave the
>editor to go back to the command line to run commands?  Is it
>still :q?

Yes.  Just to be on the safe side when you don't intend to make changes,
you should type:

:q!

>Somehow, the command line did not come back after runing
>contrab -l.

You should be able to run:

crontab -l

and get a text listing with no problems.  I ran this earlier today with
no problems.  Perhaps it was a typo (maybe mine earlier?)?

>Thanks for cleaning s400.  I will not need MD files anymore today.

OK.  New ones will be created after 0Z, so you should be good for
tomorrow.  Also, under recommendations from Mike Schmidt, our system
administrator, I added a cron entry to 'ldm's crontab file that will
touch a file on the HOME directory of 'ldm' every minute.  We are
hoping that this will keep the HOME directory mounted and so allow
the crons to keep running.

Ciao,

>From address@hidden  Thu May  6 13:51:00 2004

Thanks, Tom and Mike!