20040518: accessing local datasets using Version 2003d

>From: "Tonkin, Martha E." <address@hidden>

Hi Martha,

>We just installed Mcidas 2003-d on our Redhat 8 Linux system
>(kernel 2.4.18-14) using gcc and f2c.  Although the test case
>worked okay, when we attempt to do an IMGLIST for our local datasets,
>the app shows there is nothing there.

An upgrade from one version of McIDAS to the next should not change
the ADDE setup for local datasets instantiated in RESOLV.SRV.
Does a DSINFO for the dataset(s) group name show that the dataset(s)
are still defined?  If yes, then how are they are they defined:
DIRFILE= location of data files or use of MCPATH/REDIRECT location
of data files?

>The build seemed to go cleanly save for the HDF which I built
>by cd'ing to the directories and running make in each one.

Hmm...  This should have built cleanly.  SSEC tests using gcc/f2c,
so I rely on them making sure that things work in that area.

>Do you have any idea what we did wrong?

Not without further information.  What would be useful to know is
more specifics about your dataset(s) that IMGLIST no longer shows
information for.  For example, are the images in AREA file format?
Are the images named using the AREAnnnn convention?  Are the images
of type AREA but named differently?  Etc, etc, etc...

>Thank you.

No worries.

>From address@hidden  Wed May 19 11:01:32 2004

Tom,

I think we're okay now.  I rebuilt Mcidas2003d using
the special ENV settings you all used for Linux
(i.e., FC=/home/mcidas/bin/mcfc etc).  This got rid
of the problems with HDF and perhaps fixed other
things as well.  I am a novice when it comes to
running McIdas, though I've installed it often
enough, so please excuse the rather nebulous
description of the problem I sent you.

Sorry to take up your time, and thanks for your help.

Martha