20040607: GINI ADDE server

>From:  Gary Cunning <address@hidden>

Hi Gary,

>I am trying to fix a program that converts GINI formatted files to MDV
>formatted files. The program incorrectly registers/maps the data, and
>the calibrations are wrong. I have been looking in the Mcidas documentation
>for references to GINI to AREA conversion, but I haven't been successful.
>Would you point me to the source code for the GINI ADDE server?

If you are looking for a simple conversion routine, you will not find
one.  The conversion of data from one format to another is conceptually
a two step process:

- the input ADDE server reads the data and puts it into a "standardized"
  format:

  - synthesizes an AREA directory
  - converts units if asked
  - returns a rectangular array of image values in the unit requested

- the output ADDE server takes the "standardized" format and writes
  out the format that corresponds to the type of the output dataset

If you explain exactly what you are trying to do, I may be able to
help you achieve your goal.

>Thanks,

No worries.