20040727: access to Unidata McIDAS (cont.)

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Robert,

Good news!  I received an email granting permission for us to let you
have access to Unidata McIDAS.  Here is the text of the permission
granted by Dr. Tom Achtor of UW-SSEC:

  From: address@hidden  Tue Jul 27 12:27:00 2004
  To:   address@hidden
  CC:   Dave Santek <address@hidden>,
        Steve Ackerman <address@hidden>
  Subject: Re: 20040726: Unidata McIDAS license query

  Tom

  Let Dewey have the McIDAS package.  Please tell him to come to school at
  Wisconsin :)

  Cheers
  Tom

We are creating a new category of user affiliation that we are going
to change your Unidata login to: Unidata Sponsored.  After this is
setup (by tomorrow) you will be granted access to the McIDAS downloads.

So you can see that persistence pays off :-)

>From address@hidden  Tue Jul 27 14:34:19 2004

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the help! I look forward to using the upgraded package and see
what new enhancements await. I just checked what version was on my
workstation, and it was v. 2002, I remember downloading it after Unidata
switched to the my.unidata interface - So I'm thinking that 2002 was the
version with the security loop hole.

Also, my e-mail address is changing to address@hidden, but you can reply
to this e-mail address if necessary...

Thanks again!!