20040730: problems with SSEC GUI (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Joe and Paul,

I got the mcidas login info, and did the following:

1) uninstall v2003b:

   cd ~mcidas/mcidas2003/src
   make uninstall.all

2) install v2004:

   cd ~mcidas/mcidas2004/src
   make install.all

3) changed the PATH setting in ~mcidas/.cshrc to include ~mcidas/bin
   as the first directory

4) verified that I got the same GUI startup errors that you reported

5) decided to delete the GUI context files and start from scratch
   to see what would happen:

   cd ~mcidas/workdata
   rm CONTEXT.DAT* SERVERTABLE.TDAT

6) tried starting the GUI again.

   mcidas -config

   This took some time as the GUI rebuilds the server lists, etc.

The SSEC GUI now runs with no errors, or, at least, as much as
I have tried works with no errors.

Evidently, a setting in the existing CONTEXT.DAT -- the specification
that the user tool bar should be displayed on startup -- was causing
the problem you were seeing.  This appears to be a logic bug in the GUI
startup that I will need to investigate and/or forward on to SSEC.

>From address@hidden  Mon Aug  2 07:27:54 2004

Thanks, very much, Tom, for following up on this and repairing our
install!  Paul