20040805: McIDAS trouble after hard disk replacement

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

>Weather3.admin.niu.edu is back in business with a new hard drive!

Contrats.

>Except...
>
>The xcd_run program is bombing. I can't figure it out. Also, before I tell
>people to switch back, I want to wait until Monday (NIU is closed on
>Friday) to tell people to switch back.
>
>If, and I repeat, if you have time, can you check on it for me?

I will try to carve out a bit of time later today to take a look.
My experience with these sorts of thins is that the problem lies
in the definition of an environment variable.

While we are discussing McIDAS, I would encourage you to upgrade to
the v2004 release now.  Do you want me to get the ball rolling?

>From address@hidden  Fri Aug  6 18:45:37 2004

Hi Tom,

> >If, and I repeat, if you have time, can you check on it for me?
>
> I will try to carve out a bit of time later today to take a look.
> My experience with these sorts of thins is that the problem lies
> in the definition of an environment variable.
>
> While we are discussing McIDAS, I would encourage you to upgrade to
> the v2004 release now.  Do you want me to get the ball rolling?

If you can, go for it! BTW, I installed a new kernel with Fedora Core 1,
but I don't think that is the problem.

Also, since it is being sunset on September 13, how is FC2 coming along?

E-mail: address@hidden                                               ***